Tuesday 19 February 2013

pictures to create record label and thought process


I researched existing and clipart images that were free to manipulate on the interent for ideas for my record label... the record label is called serpent flowers which I decided upon via a questionnaire aimed at my target audience

   
I particularly liked this image as it is plain and simple, it is not too overwhelming and will not dominate my products yet it will be noticed

This image is fitting for what I was originally looking for, a flower to entwine with a snake. However I have decided I would like the snake to be more visible than the flower.

This image is impacting yet too plain for what I wanted


Again this is plain and simple, it is not too overwhelming and will not dominate my products yet it will be noticed. However I think it was important to add a stalk to the flower after attempting to make it look realistic with the snake.


This image caught my attention as I thought it was great how it was tangled and took up a small area. However many people made a rather comical point that it reminded them of a pretzel, therefore I couldn't use it!


This image was different to what I was looking for. I liked the idea of the ancient woman toying with both snake and flower. However I wanted to create my own image therefore this could only be admired and not used.



After thinking about how to use the snake and flower images together I decided to look at tattoos for inspiration, I realised that I need to look at more complex snakes to get the effect I wanted.

This image of a rattle snake poised for attack caught my eye. However the space around it proved to be too empty to do what I wanted.



This image is what I was looking for a snake coiled up (but not like a pretzel) and also poised for attack with attitude that fits with my quote


Another example of a tattoo




This image is effective but again has too much empty space and isn't facing the right way.

I loved this tattoo stencil however it was too complex to recreate


Another example of a tattoo

I love this image of a flower, however the record label is in black and white so if I use it I will have to manipulate the image.

No comments:

Post a Comment