Wednesday 17 October 2012

Costumes - MEG

VIDEO OF DISCUSSING OUTFITS
SCENE ONE - WEDDING SCENE

This dress did look like a realistic typical wedding gown. However since my protagonist is attending a twisted wedding it does not really fit in with my ideas. Although she is deceiving her lovers that she is real this is a little too convincing in my opinion.

This dress does could look like a wedding dress when put with a veil, I particularly like this dress as it has the lace the connotes innocence but the skulls which could foreshadow the death of the groom. The skulls also put an ironic twist on the lyrics "I'm after a brand new start" since this connotes she is wanting a brand new start in a different relationship and the death of this current relationship in the scene.


This dress has a blue tinge to it which I think is very quirky and different, which is great as this fits in with the alternative genre. It's lacy pattern connotes innocence however the blue could connote the forshadowed sadness of the groom.

This dress is white and lacy, however I do not think it would look as realistic as the other wedding dress photos.

This dress would look like one when paired up with a veil, however I think since my protagonist has a wild character this does not represent or connate the right attitudes as it is quite plain with a bit of sparkle



THE OUTFIT FOR CHORUS DANCING

In my opinion this dress will be great for the dancing that will be included in my video. The black connotes my protagonist's twisted obsession along with rebellion to the typical stereotype of females getting their hearts broken by men. The ball and chain gap in the middle of the dress could represent my character locking her true emotions away so she can be a heartbreaker. Also when moved about in the skirt is very dynamic and flows beautifully which will make my protagonist look very graceful and desirable.



This outfit was put together simply because of the bright colours to see what it would look like. I thought it would be a good outfit to move about in for the dance and would catch attention. However it is not suitable for my video

SCENE TWO - LEAVING THE BEDROOM


This nightie is silk to connote lust and sexuality. However it is very long so would not work very well in my video for when my protagonist wears a leather jacket to walk out of the scene.






This nightie conveys innocence of the female (by it's stereotypical female colour) bur also sexuality and lust with the silk. It does look okay with the jacket and clearly the nightie (symbolising the disguise of my protagonist's rebellion) contrasts with my protagonist's true side (the leather jacket)




This outfit did look great and perfectly symbolised the sexuality side of my music video and women being exploited for their bodies. However since there is no bottom half my protagonist will feel uncomfortable in this outfit for my music video unless we can find a pair of shorts to pair it with when walking out the room.



This nightie would work very well in my music video, the flowers against the black could show my character's personality (the flowers are hiding her cold heart/rebellion inside) The silk connotes sexuality and lust which is ideal as that is what this scene is about. When paired up with the leather jacket the combination does not look like the other black nightie since the length of the nightie is ideal.



Furthermore, I think the shots of my character walking out of the bedroom have to be very effective as they are important. This nightie will be really effective for this important scene.


THE PUB/DATE SCENE


This dress looks very sparkly and different to suit my protagonist's personality, the daring colour shows her confident personality and will convey this in my video.


I thought this dress would look vintage for the date, however I do not think it suits the character's personality of being outgoing and confident


I loved this dress on my artist, I think it is too plain for the date but will probably try to incorporate it elsewhere in my music video


This dress does have to right connotations, the lips are a sign of sexuality and are presented in an alternative unique way.




I think this dress would have been ideal since my protagonist stands out in this costume. The comic book connotations show that she is heroic and that the audience are following her story and are on her side. Unfortunately the dress was a size too small and was very difficult to walk in so we could not use it.



This dress looked lovely for the date. I liked the way the black symbolised rebellion too. However it seemed a little too formal for my concept.









This outfit seemed too causal to include in the pub/date scene but may be used elsewhere







No comments:

Post a Comment